My grandparents

My grandparents
My grandparents, Reba Sally Shirley and Woodall O'Kuykendall Berry

Saturday, May 12, 2012


Delight Sargent Boudinot 
2nd wife of my 4th great grandfather, Elias Boudinot, Cherokee

1799, November 08 - She was the daughter of John Sargent and Delight Bell Sargent. She was born on 08 November 1799 in Pawlet, Rutland, Vermont, USA. She died 20 February1893 in Troy, Albany, New York, USA. Delight was the seventh child born of ten children. Her siblings include Martha, Ralph, Nancy, John, Leonard, Royal, Epenetus, Warren and Daniel.

1837 April 22 – Delight married Elias Boudinot, Cherokee in Creek Path, Cherokee Nation, East

1890 - Troy, New York City Directory, Mrs. D. S. Boudinott, 90 Fourth, Presbyterian Church Home, Troy, NY

1893 February 21 – Obit: BOUDINOTT-At the Presbyterian Home, Feb 21, 1893, Delight S. Boudinott, aged 92 years. Funeral from the Home, 90 Fourth Street, Wednesday, 22nd inst., at 2 p.m. Friends are invited to attend.

Delight is buried at the Oakwood Cemetery in Troy, Rensselaer County, New York, USA, Section H, Lot # 406, Grave # 3.

I was unable to find her grave, but look forward to another trip to New England. Hopefully, I will find her grave this time. I do have a map of the cemetery. The map was the most important thing I needed to take on this trip and I forgot it. Argh!







View of Oakwood Cemetery. September 29, 2010. 

No comments:

Post a Comment