My grandparents

My grandparents
My grandparents, Reba Sally Shirley and Woodall O'Kuykendall Berry

Friday, May 11, 2012

This photo was taken about 1923 in Grand Saline or Sand Flat, Van Zandt County, Texas. They are related to Elbert Lee Shirley and his wife Margaret Tecoah Hughes.


L-R
1.  Blanche Constable Shirley
2.  Della Shirley Hollis
3.  Minnie Davidson Shirley 
4.  Grace Carpenter
5.  Ruth Shirley Lindsey
6.  Emma Kingston Shirley
7.  Syrene Carpenter Shirley
8.  Pauline Maxfield Shirley
9.  Mattie Skinner Berry
10. Fay Rucker
                                           11. Elizabeth Shirley Moore




 I scanned the back of the photo because of the handwriting. The question, "Would you fill in the other names for me" and some of the names are written by mother, Shirley Berry Currie. The printed names are written by me, and the other handwriting is that of Maurine Rucker Box, my mother's cousin.




I scanned the photo once more hoping to get a closer view of their faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment